A request to appeal the decision to remove a student from residence as a result of the Administrative Removal from Residence process must be submitted in writing to the Vice President for Student Affairs within 72 hours of receipt of the decision. The request should be based on one or more of the following grounds for appeal:
- Evidence that the procedures used or the decision reached is contrary to law or College polices and procedures;
- Evidence that the facts of the case were not sufficient to establish that a violation of the College’s community standards occurred;
- Evidence of mitigating circumstances, including but not limited to new and pertinent information not known or available at the time the decision was made;
- Evidence that the decision is not fair or reasonable relative to the circumstances leading to the decision;
- Evidence of bias on the part of the Assistant Vice President for Student Services.
The Vice President for Student Affairs will review the request for appeal and all supporting documentation. If the Vice President for Student Affairs determines that sufficient grounds for an appeal have been established, he may meet with the student to discuss the appeal. The Vice President for Student Affairs will render a decision and inform the student by post or electronic mail. The decision of the Vice President for Student Affairs will be final and not subject to further review or appeal. For information about administrative removal from the institution please click here.